Ok, ok…You guys asked for more tips for how to get this look so here it is!
I asked my cousin about how she does the striped nail design, and she let me on to her technique:
1) Start with two coats of ‘Under My Trenchcoat’ from Sephora by OPI ($9). She lets them dry overnight to make sure it was really dry and smooth.
2) Next, cuts strips out of scotch tape and block off the sections of nail that I wanted to leave beige. “This is really the only way I know how to get the lines perfectly straight.”
3) Then, paint one coat of deep black (she uses one by Nicole by OPI…try the shade No Limits ($7)).
4) Leave the tape and the nail polish on for a while to make sure it gets really dry and doesn’t smudge (“I always do my nails while watching TV, so I let it sit for 30 min”).
5) Then remove the tape and put on a clear top coat. “Voila! Nails out of a Tim Burton movie.”