I’m so grateful that the blog has been featured a few times previous to this, but this one is so different for me — I’m still having a hard time believing it’s real! Thanks to Olay and Cosmo for working with me on this!! You can pick it up to read more details, and I’m going to post a full review of their Smooth Finish Duo here as well. But one thing some people have been asking me to do is a quick makeup review of what I used in this photo.
First of all, when I found out I’d be working with Olay, I was SO excited but had zero headshots. I had one weekend to get them done, and the first person I thought of was my friend Rowa. She did all the pictures for my cousin’s bridal shower so I knew her work (ie I knew she was amazing). I emailed her to ask if she could do the pictures that Saturday, and she wrote me back from Singapore, saying that she’d be coming off a plane THAT same day from JFK but could still swing it. I did my makeup myself that morning and a few hours later when Rowa was back in Jersey, we rushed over to my aunt’s backyard to take the pics. It was sweltering hot that day and we could barely sit outside too long, so we did the best we can in less than an hour. It was just a crazy whirlwind, and it’s surreal to see it in the magazine now!
But I’m so lucky she was able to take the pictures for me (even though she was deathly tired) because she has such a great eye. So, I can’t say for sure if it’s the makeup or the photographer but here goes 🙂 :
– Mehron Celebré PRO-HD makeup
– TheBalm TimeBalm Concealer in Medium/ Dark
– Cargo Bronzer in Medium
– CoverGirl + Olay Simply Ageless Sculpting Blush in Plush Peach 200 (I use a brush to just dab this on the apple of my cheeks…makes for such a natural finish)
– Ruby Kisses HD Set N Forget setting powder in 02
– The no’stache courtesy of Olay Smooth Finish Duo 😉
– To be honest, I can’t remember if I used Ojon’s Swa+ Hair Fortifying Shampoo and Conditioner or Philip Kingsley’s Moisturizing Duo…but they’re both a few of my favorites!
– Jose Eber Clipless Curling Iron to make my waves (tutorial here)
So there you go. Ask and ye shall receive. Thanks again for all your support and reading the blog! Means a lot!! <3
“Like” Beauty and the Feast on Facebook
Follow Beauty and the Feast on Twitter