Ask anyone who knows me, and they will tell you I love my Honey Bunches of Oats (I’m partial to the ones with almonds!). So when I was invited to Marina Maher’s offices for a honey-bunched-out viewing party to watch the People’s Choice awards, I was so there.
Honey Bunches was actually one of the sponsors for the People’s Choice Awards, so it was only right to watch the show this way :). Here they are on the red carpet…literally:
Anyway, back to the viewing party. Granted, I was technically in the middle of my three-week cleanse which forbade me from eating any processed foods and/or carbs. I will say this was the ONE time I made an exception. I tried to keep it minimal, but oh, it was so worth the tastes!
They also unveiled their newest flavors: Honey Bunches of Oats Fruit Blends. Look out for their delicious additions, Peach Raspberry and Banana Blueberry. Combining my favorite fruits (blueberries!!) with my favorite cereal? I just have to say, Thank You.
And since you couldn’t be there (I did miss you), here are some recipes to the delicious treats they had there!
SEEDLESS GRAPES WRAPPED IN GOAT CHEESE
Makes 24 rolled grapes/Serves 8
*1/4 pound goat cheese at room temp
*24 red or greed seedless grapes, stemmed, rinse, patted
*1/3 cup Honey Bunches of Oats
1) Divide goat cheese into 24 quarter size balls. With your fingers, mold the cheese around the grapes until the fruit is completely covered. Keep cold.
2) Use a rolling pin to crush Honey Bunches of Oats. Roll each coated grape one at a time in the finely chopped cereal until covered. Place a single layer in a low flat dish, cover and refrigerate until read to serve. May be prepared up to 6 hours before serving.
CRUNCHY CHICKEN DIPPERS
Makes 8 servings
*1 pound boneless chicken cut into strips
*4 1/2 cups Honey Bunches of Oats
1) Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees. Beat eggs lightly in a shallow dish or pie plate. Dip chicken in eggs, turning over to evenly coat both sides of strips. In separate dish, coat chicken with cereal.
2) Place in two cookie sheets covered in non-stick spray. Bake for 25 minutes or until golden brown.
MINI CHOCOLATE MOUSSE CUPS
Makes 8 Servings
*4 egg yolks
*1/4 cup sugar
*1 cup heavy whipping cream
*1 package (6 oz) semisweet chocolate chips
*1 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
*1 cup Honey Bunches of Oats
1) Beat egg yolks in small bowl with electric mixer on high speed for about 3 minutes or until thick and lemon colored. Gradually beat in sugar. Heat 1 cup whipping cream in 2 qt. saucepan over medium heat just until hot. Gradually stir at least half of the cream into egg yolk mixture, and then stir back into hot cream in saucepan. Cook over low heat about 5 minutes, stirring constantly; until mixture thickens (do not boil).
2) Stir chocolate chips into cream mixture until melted. Cover and refrigerate about 2 hours, stirring occasionally just until chilled.
3) Beat 1 1/2 cups whipping cream in chilled medium bowl with electric mixer on high speed until stiff. Fold refrigerated mixture into whipped cream. Pipe or spoon mousse into cups. Sprinkle with your favorite Honey Bunches of Oats cereal
*Use dark chocolate and milk chocolate to get double chocolate mousse
“Like” Beauty and the Feast on Facebook
Follow Beauty and the Feast on Twitter