Don’t you worry…in all the time I’m away I’m totally trying a TON of products (sidenote: my mom’s new nickname for me is Jennifer, which is what I named my first pet guinea pig when I was 11. True story). Anyway, I found some great concealers (and AMAZING foundations — round up post to come on THOSE next), so I thought I’d put together a few of my new and old faves:
1) Benefit Boi-Ing ($19) – I admit, I’ve tried this concealer before and even though the texture was fabulous, the color was a tad too light for me so I wasn’t totally sold. Well, Benefit recently extended their range of color, adding three more in-between and darker shades to their line — 03 (pictured), 04, and 05 — and I finally found a match made in heaven. The “industrial strength concealer” wipes away blemishes and erases pores like you won’t believe.
2) VMV Hypoallergenics Skin-The-Bluff Concealer ($20)– If you have particularly sensitive skin, you’re in luck — all of VMV’s line come sans allergens, parabens, perservatives, dyes, and fragrances. This concealer is brand new to the line and contains virgin coconut oil for extra hydration and antioxidants (plus, coconut-derived monolaurin in this formula acts as an acne-disinfectent). So it pretty much helps to fix the problems rather than just camouflage them. I did find that it gathers just a tad when I put it under my eyes so I reserve this more for spot covering. Plus, they currently came out with 3 shades that they say work with all skin tones, but I’m still hoping they come out with even more colors soon!!
3) IT Cosmetics Bye Bye Under Eye Concealer ($24) – Yes, still obsessed (can you tell how much I’ve used this by the way the bottles already faded??). Interesting fact: this formula was tested (and is now used) to conceal bruising and swelling on the face and body of surgery patients in Brazil. They’ve perfected it and now selling it the masses. I’ve written about this before here, but I’ll basically use this in my eye area to brighten and for an extra lift. The texture is RICH, so a little goes a long way too. Expect to have this around for a while.
4) TheBalm TimeBalm ($18) – Everyone has that one staple concealer that they love for whatever reason, and TheBalm’s TimeBalm has been with me for ages. I just pray they never change their shade or formula because their medium/dark has been my #1 go-to since my days in college. The color match and non-irritating formula is what does it for me the most. This is the one concealer that you’ll pretty much always find in my purse. (Actually, if you want to know more about why I love this, just check back to this review I wrote three years ago!)
5) Miracle Skin Transformer Treat & Conceal Eye & Face ($36) – This formula goes on like butta’, but surprisingly, stays put. The concealer contains high-quality ingredients: it’s M3 Complex contains marine collagen, and soothing rose and chamomile extracts to give a barely there finish. It’s as close as you can get to a “second skin.” Check out their before/afters on their site — it’s cray cray. [Read on for a Giveaway!!]
Miracle Skin’s concealer was pretty much my introduction to their fabulous line. I thought you guys would appreciate their product range as much as I have, so today’s giveaway is a selection of some of their best products worth $118 total:
1. Treat & Conceal Eye & Face (worth $36) – as noted above
2. Skin Transformer SPF 20 (worth $48)– An antioxidant-rich tinted skin enhancer that leaves your skin airbrushed, hydrated and protected in one easy step.
Skin 3. Transformer Body SPF 20 in Glow (worth $34) -a high performance tinted treatment body enhancer with a naturally derived silicone base plus antioxidants and natural actives that zeros in on your body’s skincare concerns to give skin a total transformation.
1. Entering is easy — FOLLOW ME on Twitter and tweet the following: “Follow @BeautyNDFeast and re-tweet to win $118 worth of products from @MiracleSkin! http://ow.ly/a4J1B”
2. Make sure to leave a comment below with your twitter handle once you do to officially enter!!
If you don’t have Twitter, you can “Like” Beauty and the Feast on Facebook and leave a comment to enter!!
Please note, only US residents are eligible to win. Winner will be announced April 11th! Good luck!!