We’re all procrastinators…it’s OKAY. I waited ’til the last minute to tell you some awesome products for Valentine’s Day (ie TOMORROW), and you all happen to seek awesome last-minute products for your big date. And this is why we’re friends:
Valentine's Day picks!
1. Physicians Formula Sexy Booster Bronzer and Blush.
Before we even start with the specifics, how can you deny compacts featuring a bustier and stiletto etched in them??
Physicians Formula's Sexy Boosters
Physicians Formula is constantly ahead of the game, and this time, their ‘lingerie for your face’ contains what they call ’sexy boosting formulas’ (pheremones, people!). The compacts have androstadienone, a pheremone-mimicking ingredient; muricine aglycone, another clinically-tested pheremone-like ingredient derived from cocoa; and cocoa extract itself, which contains beta-phenylethylamine (also known as the “love chemical” and said to help mediate feelings of attraction, excitement, and euphoria), and GET THIS: horny goatweed. I kid you not. It’s a real ingredient derived from Chinese medicine, and claims to be an aphrodisiac for both men and women. If that isn’t enough, this line features vanilla and musk scents — both which are known to make women feel more sensual (the PF peeps really thought these products out!), and happens to smell divine
. Will it make your date pounce on you? I dunno, can you report back and let me know? Either way, the duo-tone bronzer, and luminizing blush are gorgeous enough on their own to make it worth a shot. ($14 and $12, drugstores and physiciansformula.com
2. CoverGirl Clump Crusher by Lashblast. You all might know by now how I feel about this mascara. No clumps and 2x the volume (plus the curved brush helps it really get those smaller lashes). ($7, drugstores).
3. Olay Regenerist Advanced Anti-Aging Wrinkle Revolution Complex. You may or may not be dealing with wrinkles but hear me out: This moisturizer contains micro-fillers and conditioning peptides that, if massaged even 2 minutes in your skin before applying makeup, makes your products go one smoother. Plus, your skin will looks super fresh…and perchance you do have any fine lines, it fills those right in and makes them less visible. I’ve seen makeup artist Bruce Grayson do this on a model and the difference of taking the time to rub this product in made an incredible difference that you can see happen right in front of you. A little goes a long way ($25, drugstores).
4. M-61 Fast Blast 2-minute Vitamin C Facial Mask. Consider it a shot of brightness for your face — and in just two minutes. When you’re in a rush, there’s nothing better and I love the lightness of this mask too. ($50, m61lab.com, bluemercury.com).
5. Crest 3D White Whitestrips – 2 Hour Express. With just one day left, these 2 hour treatments are a God-send. They contain a thicker ingredient layer for quicker (enamel-safe) whitening. And they adhere so well, you can easily secure it on your teeth in the morning while your churn out a couple emails, and you’re smile is just two hours away from amazingness ($55, drugstores).
Crest 2 Hour Express Whitestrips
6. Schwarzkopf Osis+ Magic Finish
. I was introduced to this product by a hairstylist on a photo shoot I was in recently, and this is the closest thing I’ve ever found to achieve Kardashian-glossy hair — a couple pumps of this shine serum goes a long way. Just apply a little to your ends and to pat down frizz for a perfect finish that (rejoice!) doesn’t look greasy. ($25, sears.com
7. Secret Clinical Strength Stress Response deodorant in Serene Citrus Scent. I hope it’s innate in you to not forget your deodorant, but the latest from Secret targets ’stress sweat,’ which (TMI alert) actually smells worse than other types of sweating. Quick bio lesson: it’s worse because it comes from a different gland (the apocrine gland, which are larger and more concentrated in the underarms, and contain a much higher concentration of nutrients that bacteria feeds off. More bacteria –>worse smell). This particular deodorant provides 3 layers of protection, and is clinically tested/doc endorsed. Feeling nervous about the first date? Running late? At least sweat stains will be the last of your worries. ($8, drugstores).
8. Ojon Restorative Hair Treatment
. Hair masks are an easy way to make your hair glow and ease the frizzies before an important night. I love Ojon’s hair mask (bonus: it smells like coffee!). It actually comes in a solid form that you dig in and scrape with your fingers, then liquify it by rubbing it between your palms and apply to dry hair. Leave it in for about 20 minutes, then shampoo out. And trust me, this tub lasts foreva. ($19.50, sephora.com
9. Kisstixx Lip Balm in Strawberry Daiquiri and Pina Colada. If you want to spice it up, this is something that was sent to me recently that I thought was kinda interesting: Two compatibly-flavored color-less lip balms for you and your date. Yup. You heard me right. Now, I can’t promise that you’ll be able to convince him to wear lip balm…you’re on your own there. If not, this still tasted freaking delicious and has awesome lip-conditioners (coconut, sunflower oils and vitamin E) that at least SOMEONE has to appreciate. It also comes in Strawberry/Chocolate, Fire/Ice, Raspberry/Lemonade…and yes, Peaches/Cream. Man. ($5 for a pack of 2, drugstores and kisstixx.com).
10. Burt’s Bees Tinted Lip Balm in Petunia. I’m obsessed over Burt’s Bees new 100% natural lip balms. And since I strongly advise going for balms over goopy glosses for VDay, these are a good choice. These balms have a pretty tint to them (comes in 9 variations) and contains moisturizing shea butter. ($7, drugstores).
11. Daliia Herbal Lip Stain. If you’re looking for a bold lip color that will NOT budge, check out Daliia’s products. I just came across her line at a recent during NYFW and was so impressed with the color payoff from a pure line — there are no parabens, silicone, pthalates, etc. The dual ended liner comes with a more pointed tip on one end for precise application, and a thicker tip on the other to fill in. ($32, amazon.com)
Daliia herbal lip stain
12. Lise Watier Bio Lift Eye Patch
. There is no other way to explain these to you than to say if you don’t have it, you have not been introduced to greatness. There is nothing better to wake up tired eyes in just 15 minutes, thanks to the Canadian brand. Apply these under your eyes and bask in the ensuing radiance. It’s packed with their exclusive soya phyto-collagen, soothing aloe, and witch hazel. I would never compromise on this one for an instant pick-me-up. You just must have it. Ok so maybe this is the one exception where my last-minute-ness didn’t help you, but order it anyway for next time
. ($34 for 6 pairs, lisewatier.us
13. Lise Watier Eye Shine in Vert Sarcelle. Black eyeliner is pretty safe, but twist things up with something a little more sparkly. Love Lise Watier’s waterproof Eye Shines (this one is the latest color from their Spring collection), and let the candlelight play off the shine. ($18, lisewatier.us).
14. Scope Outlast mouthwash in Long Lasting Mint. A mini mouthwash that you can stick in your purse is a must. Scope’s reinvention comes right in time: new packaging but same formula that not only kills germs, but lasts up to 5x longer than with brushing alone. Cuz there’s no bigger date-killer than bad breath :-/ (price for mini varies…$6 for full size, drugstores).
15. Nars Orgasm Illuminator. The brand just took its most famous color and infused it in the prettiest cream highlighter. Flecks of gold and their signature pink/peach shimmer makes it even easier to look model-gorgeous. ($30, sephora.com).
Andddd if you’re in New York, I feel like it would be only fair to leave you with some restaurant suggestions!:
Fig & Olive
Hope this list helps for your big night! What are some of your Valentine’s Day essentials?
“Like” Beauty and the Feast on Facebook
Follow Beauty and the Feast on Twitter