A couple months ago, I had the pleasure to geek out meet Drs. Katie Rodan and Kathy Fields of the eponymous Rodan + Fields(the creators of Proactiv amongst other skincare lines, and my lifesavers in college). The duo revealed their latest to us, and their latest by the way is a pretty amazing breakthrough in the anti-aging realm: REDEFINE Acute Care Skincare for Expression Lines…a really long name to describe their patch alternative to Botox and filler injections.
These patches go on like a band-aid and contain the stuff you get at the doctor’s office, like skin-plumping hyaluronic acid and anti-aging peptides but without a needle. You just place the patch on your expression lines — wherever they may be, including smile lines, crow’s feet, marionette lines — and let them sit overnight. The patches target the lines and through their little microscopic ‘liquid cones,’ settle into these areas for smoother skin.
The mini-cones are extremely potent. I’ve been trying them myself to soothe the (albeit very minimal semblance) of smile lines, and I noticed a big difference with just a few pairs. They do feel very weird when you first try them, like tiny, tiny needles which I didn’t expect. But those completely “melt” into the skin by the morning. Their studies have also showed them that after four-weeks of use (3x a week), there was significant improvement, but what’s more is that they found only MINIMAL return of lines after another 8 weeks after. So the results are supposed to visibly last for a while.
I found delicious ways to keep my energy levels ups and snacks close by at works. Here are a few that have been helping me get through the day.
1) Blueberries. I’m obsessed. I eat them by the handful. Not only are they loaded with antioxidants, they’re good for the brain and heart! I just wanted to add I JUST got this collapsible eco-friendly meal kit from Smart Planet and it’s the most genius thing ever. It has the perfect portion for my main course, and two more compartments for snacks/sides. It’s microwave/dishwasher safe. It’s collapsible, so it’s easy to store once you’re done eating. It even has a condiment/vitamin space in the lid and a reusable spork utensil that stores underneath the lid. They basically thought of everything, and it’s been my new lunchtime savior ($9.99, smartplanethome.com).
2) Cashews. As you can see above, I have a whole compartment filled with nuts from Karma. My favorite kind are their wrapped cashews. They retain their natural skin so they taste a little more toasty, but it has twice the fiber as regular cashews. They add just a tiny bit of sea salt for flavor, but otherwise it’s minimally processed ($12.50, karmanuts.com).
Bonga Food Fruit Chews
3) Bonga Baobab Superfood Chews. I’m saving the best for last here. My roommates and I are officially addicted to these healthy snacks. I actually can’t believe they can taste so good and still be good for you. They’re are made from the baobab fruit, a wild-harvested superfruit from South Africa which is rich in antioxidants, naturally rich in fiber and vitamin C, and has high alkaline, potassium, magnesium, and electrolytes. Basically the best answer to your gummi bear addiction.
Mango fruit chews
They’re made with all natural ingredients, and their sugar (16 grams) comes from natural fruit ingredients — nothing added. They come in flavors like raspberry, mango, pomegranate, but strawberry is my standout favorite. My roommates and I easily finished a whole box of it in a week. Try them, trust me, they taste aaaa-mazzing. (from $10.99, bongafoods.com or Whole Foods)
What have you been noshing on lately?
“Like” Beauty and the Feast on Facebook
Follow Beauty and the Feast on Twitter
My technology woes continue. For a blogger, I’m pretty behind in my everyday tech. My laptop is probably from ’08, I JUST now got an iPhone (it’s not even the latest one, but still an upgrade from another cracked smartphone I was carrying around and was relentlessly teased about from my friends to Mally Roncal). If it works, that’s all that matters, but I can still admit, it isn’t a good look.
As I mentioned previously, Intel reached out to me to let me experience their Dell Venue 8 Pro tablet. It’s super lightweight, and sleek and I almost feel, too pretty for me to own. I don’t think I realize how much I’m on-the-go until I started carrying it around though, which is so easy because of how teeny tiny it is. Whenever I pack to travel, it’s the worst trying to get my clunky laptop. Now I have something that not only fits in my purse, it’s something I can use on the plane.
It’s actually bailed my friends out a couple of times too when they needed an extra device to work on in a cafe, or when they come to visit (my friend Qareena just used it last night to do her math homework with :)). It’s much faster than my computer, and they loved the sleek interface. Needless to say, it’s going everywhere with me now. I’ve been using the Kindle App to stay on top of my reading, and I’m going to attempt real-time food blogging with it — will keep you posted on that.
Today, Belvita, who make breakfast bars that I stock up on at work to have whenever I missed breakfast, unveils their new #MorningWin Swag Shop from now until Sept 19th with the coolest things to win (seriously go there right now, they’re giving away a tablet! morningwin.com).
On my own Belvita kick
In celebration of a #MorningWin, mine today started with getting enough sleep for once, and waking up early enough to pack my own lunch (a rarity) ,and also finding a moisturizer I lost the night before in a box of fruit snacks…because that’s how creative I get when it comes to losing stuff. And also, who loses moisturizer? Anyway, morning wins all around.
Hellllo lovelies! All this eating and not enough posting on what’s been going on with my beauty arsenal. As a beauty blogger, I go to a TON of events for skin, makeup, and hair products (no really, a ton), so when a product stands out to me the way Philosophy’s newNo Reason To Hide ones have, it’s kinda a big deal. Philosophy has always been one of my favorite brands for their multi-tasking products and cutesy, inspiring message on their packaging which always encourages one to love, feel beautiful, and have hope (like their best-selling Hope in a Jar, with accompanying message, “Where there is hope, there can be faith. Where there is faith, miracles can occur.”)
Philosophy's new No Reason to Hide products!
On the same thread, Philosophy is now on a confidence campaign. What does that mean? It’s a two-prong approach to A) try out their new products and see the difference it makes when you look in the mirror, but also to B) really reflect on what moments make you feel the most confident on their inside. So I did both –more on this in a minute!
Recently, I was invited to check out the launch of the newest from the brand, which includes their No Reason to Hide Multi-Imperfection Transforming Serum ($68) and accompanyingInstant Skin-Tone Perfecting Moisturizer with SPF 20 ($45). The combo was developed to treat basically everything, from blotchiness, to enlarged pores, dark spots, and acne marks. In clinical studies, these products have shown:
• in 4 weeks: 88% of women showed a significant reduction in the appearance of red spots and blotchiness
• in 8 weeks: 94% showed a dramatic correction in the look of dark spots, revealing remarkably even skin-tone
• in 12 weeks: 100% of women showed transformative improvement on multiple skin imperfections