Because better last minute than never :). Instead of making a guide full of red lipsticks you can wear tomorrow (speaking of, this Tarte balm is so much muchier), I put together a round up of some of my favorite things for date night and beyond. Check em out:
1) Fekkai Hair Fragrance Mist in Rose Fraiche, $19.99 – Fekkai is one a step ahead of the game in launching fragrance specifically for hair that not only adds a beautiful scent but also shine (and half the cost of a luxe perfume). The scent is influenced by their own Technician Color Care line. It has a light alcohol scent (not was I was hoping at first) but the notes blossom as it settles in. Also comes in Creme Vanillee with notes of vanilla, and sandalwood. ALSO comes in handy when this happens:
2) So Susan Universal Blush, $27.99 – A co-worker of mine picked this up for me at a beauty sale and I didn’t recognize the brand, and that it would be the same ol’ bright blush. That is until I tried it, and this is so much more fun. It’s actually been my go-to lately since it’s so pigmented and gives off the prettiest pop of pink (thanks to its pink tinted kaolin clay) that also gives off a gorgeous (not sparkly) sheen. The color accentuates cheekbones and flattering on all skin tones (I can say it passed the medium skin-tone test). It’s also infused with skin loving ingredients like buriti, an Amazonian fruit rich in beta-carotene and essential fatty acids.
3) 1-Day Acuvue Define contacts, prices vary. This newest development from Acuvue is kind of like getting really good highlights. You know when your friends know there’s something different but can’t put their finger on it? This is kind of like that but for eyes. These contacts emphasizes the limbal ring, or the outer ring of your iris. It’s not color contacts, but it enhances your natural eyes to define the iris and make it seem bigger, which is found by studies to be perceived as more attractive, and youthful. It comes in three varieties (Natural Sparkle, Natural Shimmer and Natural Shine) – ask your doctor to try it out.
4) Kevyn Aucoin The Celestial Powder in Candlelight, $44 – Hands down, my favorite highlighter. Just use a fan brush to lightly tap on cheekbones brow bones for a celeb worthy glow. The BEST.
5) Tarte LipSurgence Skintuitive Lip Tint in Energy, $24 – Sheer and balmy and the pink adjusts to your complexion (or add extra to pump up the color). I love the finish of this which is a subtle pink, but not too pink. Well, that’s the case for me. Plus with essential oils like jojoba, it’s a nice moisturizing blend too.
6) Benefit Roller Lash, $24 – Benefit’s newest mascara has a patent-ptending hook design to help set a curl for 12 hours (no extra lash curler needed!). If you want volume too, I’d double up by using a volume mascara over this one while it’s still wet, but if you just want those clean, curved lashes that opens up your eyes, give this one a shot.
7) Benefit Fake Up Concealer, $24 – In this FREAKING cold weather, I’m extra grateful to this concealer because it not only hides dark circles, but it also has a ring of a conditioning balm that goes easy on skin and hydrates. Set with powder if you have extra oily skin to avoid gathering, though!
8 ) BareMinerals Complexion Rescue Hydrating Tinted Gel, $29. BareMinerals always finds a way to do it right. Their latest is my favorite winter-skin-saving tinted gel. I’ve been using it almost on the daily. It’s super, super moisturizing but doesn’t go on greasy or drying. No silicones, no oils, no parabens. If you have problem areas, you might need to go over it again with concealer, because this has a very sheer finish, but it does double duty of moisturizing and covering just enough to even out your skin. Skip the moisturizer, you can use this straight.
9) Suave Professionals Souffle Mousse, $4.99 – OK I’m obsessed with Suave’s newest products to help smooth, add volume, hold curls, fix your man problems (maybe not the last one). BUT. Their products are at the caliber of Kérastase (no really, they tested it), and last night I used a combo of their Souffle Mousse for volume and their smoothing hairspray and it was legit making me feel like I might have a future in hair styling. But then I realized, no. Anyway, bouncy curls with lots of volume and no frizz to boot. Try a combination that works for you but definitely check out the line. When everything is $5, you don’t have much to lose.
10) Simple Micellar Cleansing Water, $6.99. And then at the end of the night, you can take it all off. Your makeup. Stop being weird. This has vitamins V and C, and is super gentle on your skin without leaving it greasy or dry or (the worst), irritated. It also boosts hydration by 90% (can you tell this winter is killing me?). I can never quite get myself to just use a makeup remover alone STILL, so I do a light wash after (although, it’s not technically needed). And at best, maybe 2-3 cotton rounds will do it.
What new beauty finds will you be using tomorrow?