Anyone join in the breakfast convo on Twitter that I mentioned in this post? Belvita partnered up with registered dietitian Keri Gans, life coach Christine Hassler, and author of Eat It to Beat It!, David Zinczenko to give you a few pro tips for amping up your breakfast routine.
In honor of National Cereal Day tomorrow, here are some breakfast facts:
- The recommended amount of fiber for women is 30g, and 35g fiber for men.
- A study by NPD Group Inc. found that Americans have an average of just 12 minutes a day for consuming breakfast. That is about half the time we spend on lunch (28 minutes) or dinner (24 minutes).
- Eating breakfast sets the tone for the day because it gets our blood sugar up which makes our brain function better the rest of the day. It gets our metabolism going. It reduces cravings later in the day. And it puts us in a better mood.
- Dietary fiber from whole grains, as part of an overall healthy diet, helps reduce blood cholesterol levels and may lower risk of heart disease.
- “Doing something 40 days in a row moves it from a change to a habit. Making a complete breakfast a habit starts today.” –Christine Hassler (@ChristinHassler)
- “A serving of belVita (which has @20g of whole grains/serving and 4g fiber per pack), with a low-fat Greek yogurt and a serving of fruit, can be the perfect grab and go complete breakfast.” –Keri Gans (@Kerigans)
- “Being that people today have no time to cook, they are looking for options with nutrition’s latest buzzwords – protein and fiber. belVita paired with a serving of non-fat yogurt and fruit hits on protein, fiber AND whole grains.” –David Zinczenko (@DaveZinczenko)
To recap of some of the pro tips from our participants mentioned above in case you missed it:
Anyone else trading in their spoon tomorrow for whole grain, fiber-rich BelVita breakfast biscuits? Note: the announcement for the Twitter chat is sponsored, but I’ve been a long time BelVita consumer — I always buy bars for the office (see above!) and at home to make sure I get breakfast in so just re-stating my commitment to ‘trade in my spoon’ for National Cereal Day for my usual routine :).
“Like” Beauty and the Feast on Facebook
Follow Beauty and the Feast on Twitter