I may or may not have a mini crush on this chef, Erwan Heussaff. He’s a fitness buff, speaks French, has dreamy eyes, etc. etc. But I probably fell in love after I tried his Eggs in a Basket Grilled Cheese recipe. Seriously, it’s so good and so easy. I made it for quite a few breakfasts when I was living in Dubai and it was an easy crowd pleaser.
2 slices of a large bread Loaf
3 tbsp Cream Cheese
1/3 cup Frozen Spinach
4 tbsp Butter
1 tbsp Olive Oil
1/3 cup shredded Cheddar
Salt and Pepper
Red pepper flakes (optional)
1. In a pan fry the spinach with the cream cheese on low heat.
2. Spread the mix on a loaf of bread, and top with cheddar. Top with another loaf and press down.
3. Add 1 tbsp of butter to the pan and olive oil. Keep the heat on low. Cook on one side. Until brown. Flip . Add more butter.
4. Cut a hole in the middle. I usually do this by placing a glass over the bread and pressing down so it guides me in creating a perfect circle to cut.
5. Once you make the hole, place an egg, season. Press down until level. Add more butter.
6. Keep the middle part in the pan as well. You can serve this on eat side.
7. Cover until the egg is cooked.
If two breads is a lot of carbs for you, I make a variant of this with just one bread: Use the spinach and cream cheese mix to spread over a toasted bread, and top with a fried egg. Season with salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes. It’s seriously so good — try it and let men now what you think!
I mean, I think that’s practically a proposal but that’s just me. #notcreepyatall