Oh, long-distance love in the 21st century ;). As you coordinate your Valentine’s Day Skype-dates (I mean, I’m assuming that’s what you’re doing, right?), I thought it’d be nice to get some tips from the pros on how to look dolled up even with the (sometimes) unflattering computer glare. Appropriately, celebrity makeup artist Pati Dubroff, who glams up stars such as Kate Bosworth, Charlize Theron, Megan Fox, and Eva Mendes, shared her tried-and-true makeup tips with you just in time for V-Day:
Here’s the breakdown again (with some of *my own* product recommendations!):
· First and foremost, find good lighting and a nice background
· Prep the skin: for those with oily skin, go for a matte primer (like Mally Evercolor Poreless Face Defender
) , and for dry skin, try a radiant primer or tinted moisturizer (Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer
or Stila Sheer Color Tinted Moisturizer
· Brighten under the eyes and spot conceal where needed (like Bare Escentuals Well-Rested Face & Eye Brightener
and Correcting Concealer
· For creme blush, try CoverGirl & Olay Simply Ageless Sculpting Blush
; For tinted lip balm, my current favorites are Burt’s Bees
or Fresh Sugar Lip Treatment
· For romantic eyes, use a deep-colored eye pencil and smudge at lashline (Currently obsessed with Anastasia Covet Waterproof Eyeliners
· Curl lashes and apply multiple coats of mascara (like Tarte’s Lights, Camera, Lashes!
What are your Skype-date makeup essentials?
“Like” Beauty and the Feast on Facebook
Follow Beauty and the Feast on Twitter