For anyone else who never seem to finish their batch of bananas before they go brown, this is for you. I love this recipe because it doesn’t have a ton of ingredients, and makes for a really light serving of banana bread. That said, unlike “non-paleo” banana bread, it’s a lot more moist (I hate that word, but there’s no other way to describe it). But if you have diet restrictions, it is paleo and gluten-free, and you can make it sugar-free by skipping the chocolate chips.
Paleo Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
- 1 1/4 cup mashed ripe bananas (about 3 bananas)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup almond butter
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup chocolate chip, dairy free (I like the Enjoy Life brand)
- Optional: I add 1/4 cup of arrowroot starch to make it a little more dense…I suppose you can just add more coconut flour too here
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a nonstick loaf pan with cooking spray.
- Mix the wet ingredients (bananas, vanilla extract, almond butter) until smooth and creamy.
- Add in eggs one at a time and mix with a mixer (I just do this by hand cuz I don’t have one).
- Blend in coconut flour, baking soda, cinnamon, salt, and fold in chocolate chips last
- Pour in batter into the loaf pan, and smooth. Stick in the oven for 25-30 minutes.
- Let cool, and serve!