I figure I should make this its own post first because so many of my recipes start out with kheema (ground beef). Kheema is one of my favorite things to eat at home with rice, and it’s soo easy to make.
2 lbs ground beef
1 sliced large yellow onion
1 flat tsp salt (or to taste)
¼ tsp turmeric
1 flat tsp red chili powder
1 tsp ginger garlic paste (found in most Indian grocery stores)
4 tbs vegetable oil
2 chopped green chili pepper
1) Heat oil in a pot. When oil is warm, add the chopped onion. Sautee until light brown.
2) Next, add the ginger-garlic paste, red chili powder, salt, pepper, turmeric, and fry for another minute.
3) Add ground beef and mix. Keep stirring on medium heat until meat changes color from pink to brown (about 5-10 minutes). Keep an eye on it to make sure it doesn’t burn.
4) Lower the heat. Add cilantro and green chili pepper.
5) Cover and leave for another ten minutes.
“Like” Beauty and the Feast on Facebook
Follow Beauty and the Feast on Twitter