I’m loving the sleek hair models were sporting at the Alberta Ferretti show a couple days ago for Milan Fashion Week.
Redken’s Creative Consultant Guido took the lead on this one, creating the 60s chignon/boyish swoop. I love classic looks like this and the super shiny hair. To achieve the look, stylists used Redken’s Velvet Gelatine 07 Cushioning Blow-Dry Gel, Quick Dry 18 Instant Finishing Spray, and their new Shine Flash 02 Glistening Mist (launching in April).
How to get the look:
1. Create a low side part on the left. Wet hair and apply a blow dry gel (like Redken’s Velvet Gelatine) and blow dry in.
2. Spray a finishing spray (like Quick Dry 18) and back comb to create the “Bardot-like” height at the crown.
3. Pull all hair into a low ponytail at the nape of the neck. Coil ponytail around itself into a chic chignon and pin with hairpins.
4. Pull pieces out at either side in front of the ear with a tail comb as not to disturb the rest of the hair.
5. Finish entire look with a shine mist (like Shine Flash 02) for extra sheen.